Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 8 Reading and Writing

I think that the reading and writing assignments have been working out pretty well for me. I think that I am doing a good job with writing a story based off of the readings, but I will say the readings aren’t the most entertaining for me. I would say that my favorite reading so far though has been Sampati and Jatayu from the Ramayana just in the fact that it resembled Icarus. I also liked it because it was written well in the reflecting perspective. I think it is cool when a story has a character telling the story from the past. In terms of my notes correlating to my writing, I think that I’m doing a great job. Every week when I write my story, I make sure to read my reading notes and take the ideas I wrote down and apply them.

I think my class project is coming along pretty well in terms of story content however I probably could do more editing to the looks of my project. I have been meaning to do so but I bet I end up just changing the format completely once I have my stories added. I want it to be more presentable but I’m wanting to do so in a way that they all go hand in hand with the graphics.

I would say my greatest accomplishments in my writing come from my learned ability to read a story and think about it in an author perspective rather than a reader’s. I now read a story and think about the patterns or styles used or how I could adapt the content of the story for my own use. I think that this has truly made my writing better and I only plan to get better as we keep going. I also think that I have become a faster reader due to this class as well as a better reader in understanding. I have been trying to do the reading out loud technique and it seems to be helping my comprehension.


I can’t think of anything more I can get out of the reading other than the extra credit reading. I started off liking the videos of the stories but recently when doing the extra credit video for reading I feel like I’m taking very little away from it. I think it is because the stories in this seem to drag on for a while so I lose interest but I am not sure how I should approach this.

This picture comes from my story No Clear Winner. I found it on Wikimedia Commons .

No comments:

Post a Comment