Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

I would say that the comments that I have received on my stories have been pretty good. I remember last semester for this class thinking that the comments were pretty basic and useless but this time I feel they are more exact. The comments I find the most useful are the ones that say they want more information on a topic. I like the harsher ones because they challenge me to make things better or at least justify why I want to keep things a certain way or not.

I think the feedback out that I am giving could be a little better. I think I could be more specific in what I want to tell people they should consider fixing or changing. I would say I have progressed and became better at feedback over time in this class, but I think it is something that never just ends with needing improvement. The strategy I like most is starting off nice and then gradually becoming harsher in the comment as these are the comments that I enjoy reading. I would say that as I read other people’s stories, I am definitely gaining ideas for my own writing. I think this mainly correlates with style and detail within my writing as I see the different aspects of the stories that I read from others and think “how can I make my writing sound this nice?”.

In terms of blog comments, I would say they are a good way to make this class more personable. I like hearing about how others are feeling about my posts or how we are alike. The introductions have been fun to read, and I would say mine is not the best, but I think it definitely explains a good amount of who I am. I should probably add more pictures though as I love seeing pictures of others and their endeavors.

I think with feedback myself and everyone can always improve on being more precise with what we like and don’t like in a blog post. I think if I see a grammatical error I should say where exactly it is that needs fixed. I would also want people to do this for me as well as it lets me fix what is exactly needed. This is why I mainly make my revisions based off the feedback from the professor.

I found this image here and I chose it because I feel it fits in with my opinion of how criticism is appreciated and needed for precise adjustments of one's writing. I chose this image because the cat is glaring at the other one showing how harshness might be needed.



Overall, I think things are coming along nicely and there isn’t much I can really think about changing as I’m enjoying this class and the work I have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment