Saturday, March 3, 2018

Learning Challenge: Empathy Video

I watched BE HAPPY - By Monica Sheehan for my video about empathy.

I really enjoyed watching this video because I'm currently doing homework on a Saturday while all my friends are at a Baseball game so it was nice to see a video reminding me ways to be happy.

One of the things that confirmed something I already knew in life was to not make yourself the victim. I am a firm believer that you can prevent being the victim in many cases and it starts with making smart decisions and putting yourself in the right place.

Although it is truly hard to learn something from this video I learned that one thing that does make me happy is helping others in need. As this came upon the screen I realized I haven't been doing this enough lately and I feel that some community work would make me a happier person. Which I never really thought that I would miss doing community work because normally when I did it, it wasn't necessarily my choice.

One thing that I am curious about exploring is my sense of gratitude. I think that I am a very thankful person for what I have both physically and mentally. I think it would be nice for me to start a book with each day writing what I am thankful for of the day. I think this would make me happier by focusing on the good in my life rather than the bad. I want to go by a journal that is nice, maybe leather bound, and each night write 10 things I am thankful for that day.

I found this image on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment